Participates in client needs analysis and the development of audio-visual requirements and design programs.
Designs, engineers, and manages the production of construction documentation for a variety of projects that include video, audio, video conferencing, and AV control systems.
Designs and lays out engineering drawings by AutoCAD or other means and drafts the designs under the supervision of a senior designer, engineer, senior engineer or project manager.
The responsibilities include creating equipment specifications and equipment budgets for cost estimating purposes.
Performs field surveys and site observations, documenting document existing conditions at various project sites.
The job applicant should be proficient in CAD functions. He or she should be able to produce drawings using AutoCAD MEP in the disciplines of video, audio, video conferencing, and AV control systems, under the direction of a senior designer, engineer, or senior engineer.
The job requires assistance, from time to time, with other CAD-related tasks as requested such as setup of new files, the creation of flow or riser diagrams.
- May possess an associates or bachelors degree in a related field with 1-3 years of related experience or at least 3-6 years of directly related experience without a degree. CTS-D preferred.
- Certification in the AV/Video Conferencing industry preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of AV and Video Conferencing System Design and at least 5-10 years experience developing plans and specifications.
- Must have the ability to apply knowledge of AV and Video Conferencing systems available, including equipment, controls systems, and associated architectural conditions.
- Formal training in AutoCAD preferred.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD MEP and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.